Whether you are new to the world of sheet metal fabrication or have used this type of service before, there is always an opportunity to learn. Especially when it comes to the metal fabrication process, all the new machines and technologies create an almost constant learning curve. Even if you rely on a professional fabrication company for sheet metal components and products, it helps to understand the process to some degree.
Following are nine statistics that you might not know about:
- Based on employment, metal fabrication is the third-largest industry in North America. As an increasing number of industries use fabricated steel for a growing list of applications, experts anticipate current numbers to climb even higher. By 2024, experts expect a 7 percent growth.
- The most commonly used materials for the metal fabrication process include stainless steel, aluminum, and steel, whether in a bar, tube, sheet, or plate form.
- Some examples of products made with this process include air conditioning ducts, Shelves, Panels, Light fixtures, Furniture, Frames, awnings, Electronic enclosures, food bins, siding etc.
- Metal fabrication plays a critical role in all facets of life, from the homes people live in to mailboxes in the front yard.
- Preparing the average NASCAR vehicle for a race requires roughly 950 hours of welding and fabrication work. The work covers things like the suspension system, chassis, and roll cage, among other things.
- Historians believe the fabrication of metal dates to 4000 BC. At that time, ancient Egyptians discovered methods of bending and shaping gold into elaborate pieces of jewelry.
- Fabrication is responsible for more than 50 percent of products used daily, including cellphones, chairs, eating utensils, cutlery, airplanes, and automobiles.
- All 18,038 large pieces of wrought iron used to build the Eiffel Tower in 1889 went through a fabrication process.
- In 2012, domestic fabricators made over 50 percent of the products purchased by individual consumers and businesses.
Superior Fabrication Services
No matter what type of component or product you need, Weldflow Metal Products has the experience and expertise required for precision fabrication. For information about our company and the full scope of services rendered, please call us or visit our website today.