Fabricators work on many different types of metal. One of these is mild steel, which is carbon steel with a low amount of carbon. For that reason, it’s often referred to as “low carbon steel.” This versatile metal is ideal for many applications, including furniture, automobiles, signs, and more. For precision results, customers rely on professional laser cutting in NYC.
For any business that uses mild steel and needs clean and consistent cuts, they’ll get the best results by turning to a trusted laser cutting company. Experts not only have the required expertise but also state-of-the-art laser machines. As a result, finished products meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
How Professional Custom Laser Cutting Services Make a Difference
Using the right source for laser cutting in NYC makes all the difference in the world as to the quality of the final product. Below are some of the specific factors involved to ensure the precision of every cut.
- Appropriate Wattage and Mild Steel Thickness – The wattage of the laser determines the thickness of the mild steel workpiece it can cut. It also dictates the cutting speed. A company that provides custom laser cutting services has laser machines that can cut the metal to the thickness required by the customer.
- Piercing Steel – When laser cutting mild steel, the first thing that happens is the beam pierces the metal. The best source for laser cutting in NYC keeps the power low for the pierce point.
- Proper Adjustment Point – An experienced fabrication company understands every aspect of laser cutting. Part of that is maintaining the appropriate distance between the laser beam and workpiece. A proper adjustment point helps the beam to focus, which in turn allows it to perform at a high level.
- Good Optics – With custom laser cutting services, experts rely on devices that have outstanding optics. Especially for mild steel, this produces effective cuts.
- Beam Placement – A finished component is only as good as the laser beam and operator. A reputable laser cutting company knows the right way to align the beam to ensure it goes through the center of the nozzle. An off-centered beam would clip the beam, which leads to an array of issues. That includes compromised beam power that would cause burrs and poor cuts on mild steel.
- Correct Power Settings – Even the power settings of a laser machine matter. Not only are the correct settings necessary when piercing mild steel but also when making cuts. For this particular type of fabrication, it’s always better to use less heat instead of more.
Get the Premium Products You Deserve
Weldflow Metal Products, a leading laser cutting company, can create the premium-quality products you need. For information about our services or how to receive a free quote, contact us today.